Two categories of membership upgrade exist within the society as recognition for experience and contribution to the society and advancement of the field of Flight Test Engineering.
If you are a current member in good standing and wish to be considered for upgrade to Senior Member, please apply below
Primarily engaged in the field of flight testing, and meet one of the following two criteria:
- An active member of the SFTE for at least 5 consecutive years, and fulfill both A and B below.
- An active member of the SFTE for at least 10 consecutive years, and fulfill either A or B below.
- Held a position as a local or international Society officer, Tech Council Member, or Symposium committee member (or any combination thereof) for at least two terms.
- Written and formally presented at least 2 formal technical papers at an SFTE symposium or workshop.
The highest grade achievable in SFTE is Fellow. A Senior Member in good standing for at least two years who has attained a position of notable distinction in the field of flight testing can be nominated by a member or Chapter and is selected by their peers (those Fellows in good standing). They are awarded with an automatic lifetime membership in the Society along with the distinction and responsibility associated with this honor.
- For < 1000 SFTE Members up to 2 Fellows can be elected per year
- For >1000 SFTE Members up to 3 Fellows can be elected per year