Board of Directors
The 2022-24 Board of Directors
- President (1) - Jennifer Uchida
- Vice-President (1) - Robert Brock
- Secretary (1) - Ben Povall
- Treasurer (1) - Jeff Canclini
- At-Large Directors (4) - Tiziano Bernard, Jesus Javier Fernando Orio, Kevin Welch, Rachel McFalls-Brown
- Past President (1) - Mark Mondt
- B.S. and M.S. from University of Colorado in Aerospace Engineering
- NAVAIR as a civilian flight test engineer for the Marine Corps in Patuxent River, MD.
- Supported experimental flight testing of the V-22 Osprey
- Attended USN TPS 2011. Logged 100 flight hours of special crew time over 16 different types of military aircraft
- One of the top 50 selected for NASA's Astronaut Program in 2012
- Chief Systems Engineer for the RQ-21A Blackjack program at Insitu, Inc. aligning the engineering efforts for the RQ-21A
- Manager of Test and Evaluation at AeroTEC Inc.
Chat with Jen!
President's Office Hours
Next Office Hours: March 24th at 1600 UTC
North Texas Chapter
- B.S. from University of Texas at Arlington in Aerospace Engineering
- Chair of 2016 Symposium in Wichita
- SFTE member since 2003
- North Texas Chapter Treasurer, 2020 – present
- US Army OTSA Helicopter Flight Test Exploitation
- Flight Test Performance supporting all Cessna Caravan and business jet models from Citation I through Citation Sovereign and Lead Flight Test Engineer on Cessna Mustang.
- Lead Flight Test Coordinator for Eclipse 500.
- Lead Flight Test Coordinator for Hondajet.
- Flight Test Engineering Group Lead at Bombardier Flight Test Center covering all Bombardier & Learjet models.
- Flight Test Coordinator for Gulfstream 500/600.
- Flight Test Engineer for FAA covering Part 23/25/27/29 and UAS.
North Texas Chapter
- Member, North Texas Chapter
- SFTE Fellow; SFTE Board of Directors 2016-present, Treasurer 2018-present
- Graduate USAF TPS. Recipient of R.L. Jones award, Class 86A
- Lockheed Martin FTE Tech Fellow (Emeritus)
- 41 years in T&E for Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, USAF, NASA Ames in
- F-35, F-16, A-12, EC-18B, Convair 990 as
- Flight Ops Manager, FTE, WSO, Design Engineer
- 2 Term Commanding Officer NAVAIR Reserves (China Lake & Boeing St. Louis)
- F-16 WSO, F-14 RIO, F-4 WSO
- Commercial Pilot MEL,
- Author of 11 Technical Papers/Presentations
- 3,300 hours in 26 fixed and rotary wing aircraft
- MEng from University of Liverpool
- Secretary / Treasurer for Wichita Chapter 2018-22
- Member of Website Committee responsible for website overhaul 2020-22
- Presently Chief Flight Test Engineer at Bombardier Flight Test Center
- Lead FTE during C-Series, Global 7500 programs, and lead for Global 8000
- Test Conductor & Test Director for F-35 ITF Flight Sciences testing at Pax River
- FTE for Nimrod MRA4, Harrier GR9 and Typhoon test programs based at Warton, UK
Coastal Empire Chapter
- B.S. in Aerospace Engineering and M.S. in Engineering Management, both from Wichita State University
- FAA Consultant DER Flight Analyst
- Chair of 2018 Savannah Symposium
- Technical chair of 2016 Wichita Symposium
- Secretary, SFTE Board of Directors, 2010-2012 and 2014-2016
- Vice President, SFTE Board of Directors, 2012-2014
- Wichita Chapter President, 2008-2010
- Logistics chair, 2004 Wichita Symposium
- Member since 2003
- Remotely-piloted Cessna 208B (Reliable Robotics)
- G500/600 Initial Type Certification, EFVS to Land (all models in production), G650&G500 Category II ILS (Gulfstream )
- Learjet 85 and Global G5000/6000 Avionics Update (RC ProLine Fusion) (Bombardier)
- E-6B MDS/ADWS, International Head-of-State conversions, 767 Tanker (GTTA, predecessor to KC-46) and Dutch Air Force (K)DC-10 Upgrade (Boeing)
- Licensed private pilot (SEL) since 1998 and a registered professional engineer (KS) since 2001
Coastal Empire Chapter
- B.S. Aerospace Engineering (2015), M.S. Flight Test Engineering (2016), Ph.D. Human-Centered Design (2018), Florida Tech
- Flight Test Engineer at Human-Centered Design Institute (HCDi)
- Researcher for cognitive modeling flight test methods at HCDi
- Aviation Systems & Human Factors Engineer at Garmin International
- Experimental Flight Test Engineer at Gulfstream Aerospace (GVII-GVIII)
- FAA instrument - rated pilot (Florida Tech / Garmin trained)
- FAA instrument ground instructor
- Garmin Innovation Award (2019)
- Order of Merit of the Royal House of Savoy (2019)
- FORBES Italy 100 under 30 (2019)
- SFTE Best Paper Award (2020)
- Top 5% ESA Astronaut Candidate (2021)
- AIAA Senior Member
Jesus Javier Fernandez Orio
- INTA National Institute for Aerospace Technology. Spanish MoD.
- Project Engineer at Energy and Environment Department since September 2020.
- Head of Military Transport Aircraft Section, Certification Department, From 2009 till September 2020.
- FTE at INTA 1991 - 2009. working in EF2000 and military Transport Aircraft.
- SFTE member since 2005
- European Chapter President 2015 - 19
- Aeronautic Engineer by Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Spain
- FTE at INTA 1991 – 2009. Involved in EF2000 and Military Transport Aircraft.
- Since 2004, a member of FT3 (Flight Test Technical Team) from STO in NATO
- SFTE Board of Directors 2020-present
- SFTE Vice President 2018-2020
- SFTE Board of Directors 2016-2018
- Website Committee Chairman
- Test Director, Test Engineer, FTE
- Major test programs: 747-8, 767-2C, 787-9, 737 MAX, 777-9
- Event Chairman, Seattle SFTE 50th Anniversary Celebration, 2018
- BS Aerospace Engineering, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 2003
- MBA, Seattle University, 2009
Antelope Valley Chapter
- B.S. and M.S. from Mississippi State University in Aerospace Engineering
- 40FLTS as a civilian flight test engineer for the US Air Force in Eglin AFB, FL.
- Supported developmental flight testing of the A-10, F-16, & F-15E
- Secretary of Emerald Coast Chapter, SFTE.
- Lead Aerospace Engineer for Air Force Subscale Aerial Targets Program Office, lead major modification technical evaluation.
- F-22 Flight Test Engineer at 411FLTS at Edwards AFB
- Hosted 2017 SFTE Symposium in Destin, FL
- Board of Directors, Theta Tau Professional Engineering Fraternity