Through the generous donations of SFTE Corporate Members, Chapters, and Individuals, the Society provides yearly scholarship awards to deserving students who meet the following criteria:
Criteria for annual SFTE Scholarships
- Applicant shall be the son or daughter of a Society member in good standing or a student member in good standing for at least six months. Affiliate Members or children of Affiliate Members are not eligible.
- Applicant shall have completed his or her college freshman year.
- Applicant shall be pursuing his or her first undergraduate degree majoring in engineering, computer sciences, mathematics, physics or other technical disciplines.
- Scholastics shall be the primary consideration for the award.
- Applications and transcripts (electronically or via hard copy) must be received at the Society Headquarters Office on or before the date posted on the SFTE Scholarship Web page. Transcripts should include the most recent completed courses.
- The Society Board of Directors will determine the recipient(s) (and the award amounts) of the scholarship(s). When a scholarship applicant is related to a member of the Board of Directors that Director must notify the Board and must be excluded from the scholarship selection process. The Scholarship Chairman will choose a replacement if required to reach a quorum. This replacement shall be a Society member who is note related to any of the applicants.
- The award will be for one year. Previous winners, as well as those who applied in previous years, are eligible to compete.
- The deadline for receipt of 2018 SFTE Scholarship Applications is 30 July 2018.
- The deadline for receipt of Transcripts and Donations is 13 August 2018.
Note: If you feel you qualify and would like to apply for a Scholarship, you may complete the secure Online Scholarship Form and mail in your current transcripts. Alternatively, you may download the Adobe Portable Document Format version of the Scholarship Application PDF (32kb). Fill in the requested information and mail the form to the Society at the address on the application.
SFTE is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected mail. Should you experience any problems, please contact us.