Electrical Engineer III
Hunt Valley, MD
Link to Apply: Electrical Engineer III - 263154
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Beechcraft, Bell Helicopter, Cessna, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, and Textron Systems. For more information visit: www.textron.com.
About Textron Systems
Textron Systems businesses are industry leading developers and integrators of unmanned systems, advanced marine craft, armored vehicles, intelligent battlefield and surveillance systems, geospatial management and analysis systems, intelligence software solutions, precision weapons, piston engines, test and training systems, and total lifecycle sustainment and operational services. Textron Systems’ businesses consist of Electronic Systems, Geospatial Solutions, Lycoming Engines, Marine & Land Systems, Support Solutions, Unmanned Systems, Weapon & Sensor Systems and TRU Simulation + Training.
Textron Systems: Electronic Systems designs and develops test and simulation hardware and software for Electronic Warfare (EW) applications. This includes systems used on the flight line, range or in a lab to simulate enemy radar or missile threats for the purpose of testing aircraft sensors and electronics, or for training a pilot. High fidelity software and hardware design are required to accurately simulate threats in an ever-evolving and expanding electromagnetic threat environment.
Electrical Engineer III’s design hardware solutions for a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity. Applicants will engage in schematic capture and circuit card design. Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) hardware and firmware design, and embedded microcontroller design. Applicants are expected to create, maintain, and follow Interface Control Documents (ICDs), specifications and test procedures for circuit card assemblies and system integration.
- Solves problems which are varied; may be related to multiple issues, and may not be clear. If no precedent exists, complex problems may require research and analysis of alternatives involving many factors.
- May independently determine and develop an approach to solutions.
- Contributes to and/or ensures the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Reports status including schedule progress and problems/issues.
- Schematic capture in Mentor Graphics DxDesigner.
- FPGA design in Altera and/or Xilinx.
- Embedded microcontroller design (Atmel, Microchip, etc.).
- Writing interface control documents, specifications, and test procedures for your designs is expected.
- Working closely with hardware in a lab setting, and debugging using lab equipment (e.g. Spectrum Analyzer, Digital Oscilloscope).
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years’ experience.
- Experience with Xilinx and/or Altera FPGAs is a must (we design with both).
- Ability to work independently, learn new tasks/handle multiple tasks, solve problems, meet deadlines, and show strong self-motivation and initiative.
- Radio Frequency (RF) or radar knowledge is a plus.
- Digital signal processing experience is a big plus.
- Experience designing high-speed serial interfaces is a plus.
- Experience with embedded C programming is a plus.
- Experience with memory interfaces (SDRAM, DDR, etc.) is a plus.
- Ability to obtain a United States Secret Clearance is a must.
You will be part of a highly skilled team and need to interface with other team members, including those of other engineering disciplines. Additional job duties could include systems level requirements analysis, design, and proposal input. You may also be involved in system testing for products you’re a part of and aid with fielding and/or training of the customer.