Engineering Research and Consulting, Inc. (ERC) is searching for an Electrical Engineer.
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Career Level: Entry Level
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: RWESS - Redstone Arsenal, AL 35806 US (Primary)
Please apply at http://www.erc-incorporated.
Katherine Starck: katiestarck@ERC-INCORPORATED.com
- ERC is a servant-leader oriented company with over 1,800 employees with multiple contracts across the US. We take care of our employees, which in turn motivates them to give their best performance. We believe that our culture has a direct influence on the job satisfaction of our employees and is reflected in the outstanding quality of service received by our customers.
- In your role as an Electrical Engineer, you will directly support the flight testing of U. S. Army rotary and fixed wing aircraft.
- You will gather data collection requirements, perform system designs and calibrations of airborne instrumentation systems, and manage and maintain the on-aircraft implementation of your design.
What you’ll do all day:
- Work with customers, mechanical and aerospace engineers, mechanics, technicians and Army pilots to understand and develop specifications for instrumentation system design.
- Use general engineering principles to determine the best methods of collecting flight test data from military aircraft. If necessary, use new technology to develop novel solutions.
- Participate in instrumentation design reviews with customers, pilots, and other engineers.
- Using system requirements and vendor manuals, create electrical CAD drawings of instrumentation systems.
- Manage the installation of your instrumentation design onto various aircraft platforms.
- Calibrate data parameters and verify correct instrumentation function once installed on the aircraft.
- Provide engineering information that supports the Army aviation airworthiness process.
- Maintain your instrumentation system throughout the flight test process. If problems arise, analyze flight test data to determine corrective solutions.
You will love this job if you:
- Have a desire to serve your country and keep our soldiers safe.
- Appreciate the unique opportunity to work on military aircraft.
- Are a self-starter who requires minimal oversight to complete given tasks.
- Are able to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds, including mechanics, technicians and pilots.
- Are able to maintain a positive attitude in the midst of a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Don’t want to sit behind a desk all day.
- Want the opportunity to FLY in Army aircraft!
Minimum requirements for this position:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related field is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Government security clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule.