Engineering Research and Consulting, Inc. (ERC) is looking to add two Cargo/Utility/Fixed Wing Flight Test Engineers to their team.
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Career Level: Entry Level
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: RWESS - Redstone Arsenal, AL 35806 US (Primary)
Please apply at http://www.erc-incorporated.
Katherine Starck: katiestarck@ERC-INCORPORATED.com
- ERC is a servant-leader oriented company with over 1,800 employees with multiple contracts across the US. We take care of our employees, which in turn motivates them to give their best performance. We believe that our culture has a direct influence on the job satisfaction of our employees and is reflected in the outstanding quality of service received by our customers.
- Flight Test Engineers in the Cargo/Utility/Fixed-Wing Division support the test and evaluation mission of the United States Army Redstone Test Center located at Redstone Arsenal, Alabama.
- This position focuses on the Flight Test of Black Hawks, Chinooks, and Army Fixed-Wing aircraft.
- It requires a self-motivated individual requiring little supervision with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced and rapidly changing test environment.
- You will work under the direction of senior engineers and project officers in the developmental testing of rotary-wing and fixed-wing aircraft, aviation-related components, and aviation systems using principles of aerodynamics, thermodynamics, and mechanics.
- FTEs are responsible for preparing and revising test plans or subtest plans and provides technical expertise with regard to the method of test that will best achieve the test objectives.
- You will monitor flight test activities to ensure data quality, and performs in-depth engineering analysis of data.
- Write comprehensive test reports to provide usable, accurate, and readily interpretable results and prepares/delivers presentations to colleagues, subordinates, and government representatives.
- This position will require travel up to 25% of the time.
Requirements for this position:
- BS degree in computer information systems or aeronautical, aerospace, mechanical, or electrical engineering from an ABET Accredited University required.
- MS degree in any of the above-mentioned disciplines is desired.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to apply practical knowledge to flight testing principles and concepts applicable to the developmental and system qualification testing of DoD aircraft.
- Practical test experience in rotary- or fixed-wing aircraft is desired.
- Must have demonstrated the capability to compile, reduce, format, analyze, and present test data.
- Must be a U. S. citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Government security clearance.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an FAA Class III Medical Certificate.
You will love this job if you:
- Have a desire to serve your country and keep our soldiers safe.
- Appreciate the unique opportunity to work on military aircraft.
- Are a self-starter who requires minimal oversight to complete given tasks.
- Are able to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds, including mechanics, technicians and pilots.
- Are able to maintain a positive attitude in the midst of a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Don’t want to sit behind a desk all day.
- Want the opportunity to FLY in Army aircraft!
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule.