Engineering Research and Consulting, Inc. (ERC) is searching for two Aircraft Survivability Equipment Flight Test Engineers.
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Career Level: Entry Level
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: RWESS - Redstone Arsenal, AL 35806 US (Primary)
Please apply at http://www.erc-incorporated.
Katherine Starck: katiestarck@ERC-INCORPORATED.com
- ERC is a servant-leader oriented company with over 1,800 employees with multiple contracts across the US. We take care of our employees, which in turn motivates them to give their best performance. We believe that our culture has a direct influence on the job satisfaction of our employees and is reflected in the outstanding quality of service received by our customers.
- As an Aircraft Survivability Equipment Flight Test Engineer, you will support the test and evaluation mission of the United States Army Redstone Test Center located at Redstone Arsenal, Alabama. You will apply scientific theory, Design of Experiments, and engineering principles and serves as a team member in conducting cost estimating, test planning and execution, data acquisition, data analysis, and reporting on assigned flight-test projects.
- This position works at the direction of senior engineers and project officers in the testing of rotary-wing aircraft, concentrating on Aircraft survivability Equipment testing, to qualitatively and quantitatively assess sensors, jammers, software upgrades, and other Aircraft Survivability systems. Applies basic technical skills to identify and provide solutions to problems discovered during testing. Assists other engineers in the design and execution of tests, analysis of data, and reporting of results including the interpretation of the significance of the findings.
- Must have demonstrated the capability to compile, reduce, format, analyze, and present test data.
- This position will require travel up to 25% of the time.
Requirements for this position:
- BS degree in computer information systems or aeronautical, aerospace, mechanical, or electrical engineering from an ABET Accredited University required.
- MS degree in any of the above-mentioned disciplines is desired.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to apply practical knowledge to flight testing principles and concepts applicable to the developmental and system qualification testing of DoD aircraft.
- Practical test experience in rotary- or fixed-wing aircraft is desired.
- Must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing with Military, Government, and contractor personnel.
- Must be a U. S. citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Government security clearance.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an FAA Class III Medical Certificate.
You will love this job if you:
- Have a desire to serve your country and keep our soldiers safe.
- Appreciate the unique opportunity to work on military aircraft.
- Are a self-starter who requires minimal oversight to complete given tasks.
- Are able to maintain a positive attitude in the midst of a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Don’t want to sit behind a desk all day.
- Want the opportunity to FLY in Army aircraft!
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule.