Job Title: Mission Systems Technical Expert
Organization: USAF Test Pilot School (TPS)
Location: Edwards AFB, CA
Salary Range: $100,000 - $120,000 Base Pay ($130,000 - $156,000 including Los Angeles locality pay)
Need Date: Summer-Fall 2018
Required – Masters Degree in Engineering, 10+ years of experience in mission systems flight test, and must be able to obtain/maintain a DoD TS security clearance.
Desired – Graduate of a military test pilot school; able to meet USAF flying class III physical requirements including the ability to fly ejection seat aircraft; prior teaching experience; and be an internationally recognized flight test technical expert as evident through participation with professional organizations such as SFTE, SETP, AIAA, ITEA, etc.
Position Description: This job is for an experienced flight tester who is excited to teach and mentor the next generation of experimental and developmental test pilots, combat system officers, flight test engineers and remotely piloted aircraft test pilots.
The 4 major duties related to Mission Systems test are 1) Senior Advisor to TPS Leadership, 2) Curriculum Developer, 3) Master’s degree educator, and 4) International Technical Expert. Individual duties include the following:
- Serves as the top education advisor and senior technical consultant to the Commandant and the Technical Director on the Mission Systems phase of instruction.
- Provides the technical expertise, corporate knowledge, and long-term continuity for all Mission Systems academic course material, ground instructional events (simulators, laboratories, ground test), and in-flight instructional methods taught by the USAF TPS.
- Defines, integrates, and implements curriculum development and strategic initiatives for a graduate-level educational program in Mission Systems test to ensure the TPS curriculum includes state-of-the-art test technology and continues to advance new concepts in flight testing and flight test education, test and safety planning, data collection and analysis, and reporting.
- Teaches academic courses, leads simulator and/or laboratory sessions, and conducts control room and in-flight instruction related to Mission Systems test.
- Analyzes and evaluates a student's progress relative to syllabus objectives.
- Represents TPS as a recognized technical expert on Mission Systems test at national and international symposia and conferences.
- Acts as technical and/or safety advisor, subject matter expert, and/or report reviewer for AFMC, DoD, NASA, other government agencies, and allied nations as required.
POC: Mr. David Vanhoy (661) 277-3000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send resumes to Ms. Tammi Rice at email@example.com