Bell Helicopter is seeking a FLIGHT TEST DYNAMICS ENGINEER. This position is located at the Patuxent River Naval Air Station in Maryland and supports the Bell Helicopter MV-22 Osprey Flight Test Program. Data analysis includes spectral, harmonic, and time history analysis of airframe and drive system for determining airframe, avionics, engine, and drive train loads and vibration.
Job Field: Engineering
Primary Location: Patuxent River, Maryland, United States
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: First Shift
Job Posting: 12/07/2017, 7:07:15 AM
- Prepare test plans.
- Support flight tests.
- Analyzing flight test data.
- Prepare test data summaries and reports.
- Represent the Bell Structural Dynamics Group in pre- and post-flight test meetings, telemetry room monitoring, instrumentation review and data analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering – or similar discipline – is required.
- Master’s Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
- Opportunities are available in multiple labor grades based on proficiency and experience.
- Five (5+) years of experience in structural dynamics is preferred. Experience with helicopters and flight testing is strongly preferred.
- The position requires an understanding of instrumentation and vibration test equipment.
- A dynamics background from course studies or work experience is required.
- Position requires 5% to 10% travel, as needed.
- The selected applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security classification.
- Must have the availability to work overtime as required in flight test environment.
- The position requires excellent organizational, technical, verbal, and written communication skills.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)., non-US persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. The ITAR/EAR defines a United States person as the United States Citizen, United States Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the United States Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.