Cruz Associates Inc. of Yorktown, VA (www.cruzinc.us) has a position open and is looking for qualified candidates for a Project Integrator II for the Aviation Applied Technology Directorate (AATD). The job location is Fort Eustis, VA in support of Army Aviation. Interested applicants should apply through the Cruz Associates’ website or call 757-833-7538 for more information.
Scope: Provides technical, analytical, and program management services in support of Aviation Applied Technology Directorate (AATD) aircraft, mission equipment, and support equipment. Successful performance requires extensive knowledge of the specific products, aircraft, customers and processes used by the supported organization.
- Ensure clarification of project objectives, preparing engineering support tasks, cost, and schedule estimates, coordinating with contractors, suppliers and other Government agencies.
- Develop training plans & mentorship of team members within technical IPT. The PI works cooperatively with the customer, customer representatives, and division personnel to ensure that high-quality products are delivered on time and within the estimated cost.
- Coordinate with engineering analysts for structural load tests, RAP tests & modal analysis, and structural load testing to develop a comprehensive analysis for every project and ensure it supports SOFRB/AED scrutiny for safe flight test.
- Coordinate projects with Technical Support Branch and Flight Test Division.
- Assists with technical expertise in the development, evaluation, and negotiation of AATD or customer procurements as required by other divisions of AATD.
- Manage execution of assigned engineering support tasks ensuring that technical analysis, testing, reporting, and substantiation is quantifiable and comprehensive to support SOFRB assessment and to support program requirements.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum Education: BS in Engineering Management or Program Management or in a technical or aviation-related discipline; or equivalent experience in a related technical or aviation- related discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience working in military aviation is required; 5 years of which involved acquisition experience (supporting prototype development, testing, qualification, and fielding of aviation systems or mission equipment).
Additional Customer Desired Characteristics:
- Avionics specialty would be a desired specialty area.
- Motivated, initiative-seeking individual that is highly adaptable and willing to learn new tasks.