Cruz Associates Inc. of Yorktown, VA (www.cruzinc.us) has a position open and is looking for qualified candidates for a Test and Evaluation Engineer for the Aviation Applied Technology Directorate (AATD). The job location is Fort Eustis, VA in support of Army Aviation. Interested applicants should apply through the Cruz Associates website or call 757-833-7538 for more information.
Scope: The Test and Evaluation Engineer shall be responsible for planning, executing, and reporting of developmental flight and ground tests that support research and advanced aviation initiatives for AATD, DoD, Government agencies, and the defense industry. The FTE coordinates test efforts with acquisition agencies including Program Manager's offices, TRADOC System Managers, contractors, and the user community.
- Perform flight engineer test duties both from ground test control locations as well as the collection of data in flight in multiple aircraft types.
- Coordinate and execute ground and flight testing or test-related activities for various research and development activities to include: airfield or off-site testing activities, test program management, project test support, and program management for test activities.
- Act as Test Directors and supervise flight test programs and all test flight activities on assigned projects and programs.
- Collect, reduce, and analyze data from ground and flight tests, and report on testing activities.
- Author test plans and formal test reports, rendering judgments regarding the relative merits of the tested aircraft or system and making recommendations relative to the intended military mission.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in military aviation is required
- Minimum of 5 years experience with planning and conducting flight tests
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field is required. (Aerospace, Electrical, or Mechanical)
- Must be capable of participating in aerial flight in a Flight Test Engineering capacity
- Secret or Interim Secret security clearance is required