Piper Aircraft Company is looking to expand the experimental test organization with the addition of a flight test engineer and a flight test pilot. The positions are open to middle career and senior level applicants with direct experience in a manned flight test environment; preferably from an established aircraft manufacturer or test services organization. These are on-aircraft flight test positions and the applicant must be prepared to work in small aircraft with hot, humid environments that are not air-conditioned. Positions limited to permanent residents and US Citizens. Visa sponsorships are not available.
- Provide technical support for aircraft development and certification flight tests.
- Prepare flight test cards, brief and conduct test flights and document test results.
- Prepare Flight Test Plans, Type Inspection Authorization, Type Inspection Reports, and Pilot Operating Handbooks.
- Manage aircraft configuration and maintain liaison between Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Flight Test Departments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires an undergraduate degree in engineering with continued advanced training in flight test engineering.
- Minimum of four years of experience performing flight tests related to one or more of the following areas: Aerodynamics, Stability and Control, Performance Analysis, Avionics, Mechanical or Powerplant Systems.
- Requires experience with flight test data reduction methods, aircraft operations, data acquisition systems and flight test related safety devices.
- Requires experience with the FAA certification process and CFR Part 23 or Part 25 regulations.
- It is preferable that applicants currently hold a Flight Analyst or Flight Test Pilot DER or alternatively an ODA UM.