Looking for news, press releases, photos, and videos? Visit our Newsroom.
Publish Date 11 December 2017
Division Airbus Defence and Space
Location Manching Germany
Reference Code 10388868 SC DE EXT 1
Interest Group Professional Staff – Engineer
Functional Area Testing
Contract Type Permanent Contract
Working Time Full Time
Work Experience Mid-Career (5+ to 10 years of experience)
Flight Test Engineer
Airbus Defence and Space Manching
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space, and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airlines from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport, and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky, and in space.
Description of the Job
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible coordination and conduction of development test flights
- Compilation of flight test cards
- Execution of flight briefings and debriefings
- Controlling and monitoring of modifications of flight test aircraft
- Planning and coordination of production and maintenance test flights
- Coordination of daily flight activities
- Main Project: Tornado
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- University Degree in Aerospace Engineering or similar
- Profound Work Experience in Engineering
- Holding an Aircraft Radio Operator’s License; a Pilot’s License advantageous
- Graduate of Test Pilot School preferred
- Experience in Project Management
- An Independent Worker
- English and German negotiable
Please apply for this vacancy at our careers site (http://www.jobs.airbus-group.com/) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or religious belief.