AeroTEC, LLC is an aerospace flight test, engineering and certification organization that provides development services to aircraft modifiers and OEMs. We are a rapidly growing company in Seattle, WA that was founded in 2001. Our core team is comprised of very talented and experienced aerospace engineers, technicians, mechanics, and support staff. We strive to create a high-functioning, collaborative environment where team members can find opportunities for professional growth and innovation.
AeroTEC is seeking full-time Flight Test Engineers to join us in Seattle and/or Moses Lake, WA. We are looking for multiple candidates, only Cat 1 or 2.
The ideal candidate will possess experimental flight test operational experience in either STC or Type Cert Programs. The individual in this position will be involved in a range of airplane flight test operations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Coordinate test and certification requirements.
- Author flight test and ground test plans including test hazard analysis.
- Author instrumentation specifications, wire diagrams, FTEO packages, and calibration documentation.
- Support instrumentation installation as required.
- Support ground operations, including weight and balance activities, fuel management, pre-flight and post-flight tasks and briefings.
- Support flight and ground test conduct and data collection.
- Analyze test data and evaluate compliance with regulations.
- Prepare certification test reports.
- Domestic and occasional international travel is required.
- 5+ years relevant work experience related to experimental flight test operations. Experience in all of the above activities is not critical.
- Experience with FAA Part 25 or Part 23 certification, flight and ground test planning and test conduct, and test data analysis.
- Ability to think critically, identify and synthesize important information necessary to inform client deliverables.
- Strong ability to analyze results, develop defensible conclusions and recommendations, and communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in writing (summaries, documents, reports, presentations).
- A team player with the ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment and work effectively with others across disciplines, functions, and organizations.
- Demonstrates personal accountability, initiative, and versatility on a consistent basis with minimal guidance.
- Ability to represent AeroTEC professionally and positively during client interactions and actively build rapport and trust to lead to greater business opportunities for AeroTEC.
- Proficient in working with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to quickly learn to operate new software.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of work experience. Focus in Electrical, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related Science.
Are you looking for a challenge? AeroTEC LLC is composed of ambitious and motivated professionals and we are looking for other talented individuals to join our team. We offer a unique work environment including insurance benefits (100% Medical) as well as a generous SIMPLE IRA Match, Performance Bonus Pay, and Cell Phone. If you think you may be a good fit for our team, please respond with your resume and cover letter.
AeroTEC LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.