The Integrated Systems Evaluation, Experimentation and Test (ISEET) Department at the Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division (NAWCWD), located at China Lake, California is looking for skilled Flight Test Engineers for multiple leadership positions with a variety of experiences. Flight testing at the Weapons Division provides the opportunity to directly support the Warfighter while working on state-of-the-art aircraft systems and weapons technologies. The environment is teamwork oriented with a can-do outlook. Flight test engineers at the Weapons Division are involved in exciting programs with training and advancement opportunities that allow you to reach your goals.
Typical duties are:
- Design test programs to assess the performance of various systems and system concepts.
- Review system level documentation and provide changes and recommendations.
- Develop test methods for evaluating performance and design test scenario(s) to yield valid and measurable quantitative test results.
- Assess safety hazards and mitigate risk in testing. Create Test Hazard Assessments.
- Determine resource and test support requirements, including manpower, funding, material and facilities, and coordinate support with schedule.
- Produce cost estimates, monitor project expenditures, and generate financial reports.
- Define and/or review equipment installation and sub-system shipboard integration requirements.
- Conduct/lead test missions in coordination with air crew and range support.
- Assess and resolve engineering issues real time during test missions.
- Analyze test data (real-time and post-mission) to understand test results, draw conclusions and assess mission results.
- Lead and conduct effective pre- and post-test briefings.
- Report systems performance in official Navy Test and Evaluation reports. Reports such as Daily Test Summaries, Naval Message Report, DT/OT Transition report, Summary Report, Deficiency Report, and Report of Test Results.
- BS degree or higher – (ABET Accredited) in a technical or science discipline
- Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR)
NAWCWD is a part of NAVAIR which serves the nation and the Navy by developing, acquiring, and supporting aeronautical systems that can be operated and maintained at sea. NAVAIR provides total life-cycle support of our products from research, design, development, and engineering; acquisition; test and evaluation; repair and modification; and in-service engineering and logistics support.
Products and services at NAWCWD include air- and surface-launched weapons, avionics, and electronic warfare systems, related to manned and unmanned fixed and rotary wing aerial vehicles.
The mission of ISEET at NAWCWD is to provide our Armed Forces with effective and affordable integrated warfare systems and life-cycle support to ensure battlespace dominance. Our personnel are responsible for identification of critical program test elements; performing engineering tasks to develop test plans that meet test requirements; support laboratory testing; conduct and lead ground and flight tests, and report on test results. This includes working with technologies related to Weapons, Avionics, and Software.
- Salary: $83,000 - $128,000
- Excellent benefits
- Flexible work week (every other Friday off)
The surrounding community of NAWCWD, China Lake has a population of about 35,000, located at the base of the scenic Sierra Nevada mountain range. Housing is very affordable and ranges from apartments, to single family houses, to homes on acreage. Commutes range from 5 to 10 minutes. The community has numerous cultural activities and festivals throughout the year. Outdoor recreation, including; hiking, fishing, hunting, off-roading, mountain climbing, boating, swimming, skiing, scenic drives, and more are easily assessable. Popular tourist destinations, such as Mount Whitney, Mammoth Ski Resort, and Death Valley, are within a short drive.
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Please submit a resume to: https://jobs.navair.navy.mil/resume_other.aspx