ENGINEERED ON THE INSIDE FOR LIFE ON THE OUTSIDE.
We are growing! Come join Garmin’s team of talented engineers designing and certifying world-class avionics in the beautiful Pacific Northwest! Garmin AT, located in Salem, Oregon is looking for engineers and pilots passionate about aviation, avionics and Garmin products to provide project and technical leadership for complex avionics development and certification. You will work with product development teams on new products, solve difficult engineering problems, and work toward certification for Garmin avionic installation in FAR (Federal Aviation Regulations) 23, 25, 27 and 29 aircraft.
We are looking for aviation professionals for a Flight Test Engineer 2:
The Flight Test Engineer 2 will Perform moderately complex flight testing activities including developing ground and flight test plans, coordinating and executing flight tests, documenting results and ensuring resolution to issues identified during flight testing. Essential functions include:
- Drafts ground and flight test plans and reports for moderately complex test programs derived from previous programs
- Coordinates and executes moderately complex flight tests as part of a flight test crew, including acting as test director
- Defines, documents, and maintains moderately complex test aircraft and equipment configurations, and coordinates with engineering teams
- Operates flight test tools, conducts real-time data analysis, and post-processes flight test data.
- Identifies root cause and verifies that issues identified during flight test are resolved
- Prepares moderately complex avionics system installation data for test aircraft.
- Leverages basic understanding of certification process and associated regulations in performance of role
- Offers suggestions to improve processes and the safety of the flight test organization
- Provides reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem-solving techniques
- Serves as a mentor to less experienced flight test engineers (Flight Test Engineer 1)
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Computer Engineering from a four-year college or university AND a minimum of one-year relevant experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience with excellent academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 as a general rule). Other required skills include:
- Demonstrates proficient use of engineering and flight test tools
- Demonstrates basic understanding of certification processes and associated regulations
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must demonstrate the capability to perform advanced troubleshooting skills on moderately complex avionics installations
Preferred candidates will have superior academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.5), Pilot or aircraft maintenance certification, previous use of aviation products and experience with revision control tools, mobile application development, audio/video recording tools, or database tools.
This position is posted at: https://garmin.taleo.net/careersection/2012_garmin_exp_tech/jobdetail.ftl?job=180017I&tz=GMT-07%3A00 If you bring knowledge of avionics and experience in general aviation or rotorcraft, we want to meet you!
Visit our Website at http://CAREERS.GARMIN.com and apply today. Positions are found under both New Grad and Experienced Engineering.
Search under Location – Oregon.
At Garmin, we strive to develop innovative, high-quality, state-of-the-art products that inspire our customers in their adventures. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. The foundation of our culture is honesty, integrity, and respect for associates, customers, and business partners. Each associate is fully committed to serving customers and fellow associates through outstanding performance and accomplishing what we say we will do. Garmin offers a very competitive benefit package, designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. What are you waiting for? Apply today!
If you are not currently looking for a position, pass our openings to your friends! Not an aviation professional? Many other opportunities are now posted at all Garmin locations around the country. careers.GARMIN.com.
EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Take This Job and LOVE IT