Through the generous donations of SFTE Corporate Members, Chapters, and Individuals, the Society provides yearly scholarship awards to deserving students who meet the following criteria:
Criteria for annual SFTE Scholarships
- Applicant shall be the son or daughter of a Society member in good standing or a student member in good standing.
- Applicant shall have completed his or her college freshman year.
- Applicant shall be pursuing his or her first undergraduate degree majoring in engineering, computer sciences, mathematics, physics or other technical discipline.
- The Society Board of Directors will determine the winner(s) of the scholarship. When a scholarship applicant is related to a member of the Board of Directors that Director must notify the Board and must be excluded from the scholarship selection process. The Scholarship Chairman will choose a replacement if required to reach a quorum. This replacement shall be a Society member who is note related to any of the applicants.
- Scholastics shall be the primary consideration for the award.
- The award will be for one year. Previous winners, as well as those who applied in previous years, are eligible to compete.
- The Scholarship winner(s) , if any, will be announced at the Annual Business Meeting or Symposium.
- The deadline for reciept of Scholarship Applications is July 8, 2013.
- The deadline for reciept of Transcripts is July 8, 2013.
Note: If you feel you qualify and would like to apply for a Scholarship, you may complete the secure Online Scholarship Form and mail in your current transcripts. Alternatively, you may download the Adobe Portable Document Format version of the Scholarship Application PDF (32kb). Fill in the requested information and mail the form to the Society at the address on the application.
SFTE is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected mail. Should you experience any problems, please contact us.